Chocolate Rum Raisin and Cherry Cake
This is a very simple recipe for an all time favourite. When choosing fruit, I recommend going with glacé cherries which provide a perfect complement to the dark chocolate chips. This is best served warm with some fresh cold cream, and strawberries on the side.
- 380g of self raising white flour
- 300g of white caster sugar
- 300g of melted butter
- 5 eggs
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of drinking chocolate or cocoa powder
- A teaspoon of essence of vanilla
- 300g of mixed fruit, chopped and soaked in 500ml of rum for a week
- 1 cup of dark chocolate baking chips.