Murghi Jhol (Traditional Indian Chicken Curry)
This is comfort food for anyone having trouble keeping warm on a cold day, or trying to fight off a cold that just won’t go away. Murghi Jhol (or traditional Indian chicken curry) is best served with steamed rice on a cold day, and will help pick anyone who is having a rough day up.
- 2kg of chicken legs
- 4 cardamom pods
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 dried red chillies
- 1 finely chopped medium sized onion
- 1 finely chopped whole garlic
- 1 inches of finely chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoon of red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons of hot curry powder
- 2 teaspoons of cumin powder
- Half a teaspoon of tumeric powder
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 2 tablespoons of garam masala
- 2 freshly puréed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of mustard oil.
- 1 litre of boiling water.